Hays Caldwell Council on Drug and Alcohol Abuse Rotating Header Image

FAQS and Useful Information

Q: How do I sign up for an Offender Education class?

A: You (the offender) will need to sign up for MIT, MIP, or NOM classes in person – you cannot sign up over the phone or on the internet. A parent or guardian may not sign up their child for a class. Payment is due at the time of registration – you are not registered until payment is received. HCCADA accepts checks or money orders – WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH.

Q: Can I reserve a seat for a class over the phone?

A: No; participants are registered in person on a first-come, first-served basis.

Q: Do you offer Offender Education classes for adults?

A: No; we only offer classes for minors. The MIT (Minor in Possession of Tobacco) class and NOM (Nature of Marijuana) class are offered for minors 12-17 years old. The MIP (Minor in Possession of Alcohol) class is offered for minors 12-20 years old. If the offender is 18 (for MIT and NOM) or 21 (for MIP) but the offense occurred before they became a legal adult, they may still register for Offender Education classes.

Q: I need to complete alcohol-related community service hours. Can I volunteer here and get my hours?

A: Yes. We encourage adolescents and adults to volunteer at HCCADA if they are in need of fulfilling community service hours. We can always use an extra helping hand!

Q: What do I need in order to begin outpatient treatment?

A: You will need to get an assessment referring you to outpatient treatment. Call the HCCADA Office at 512-396-7695 to set up an appointment for an assessment. Once you have your referral for treatment, call Tim Winters at 512-396-7695 to set up an appointment.

Q: Can I apply for an internship at HCCADA?

A: Yes. You may contact Carla Merritt at 512-396-7695 for further details on available opportunities.

Q: Do you have any drug- or alcohol-related educational materials available?

A: Yes! We have a variety of brochures, pamphlets, booklets, and posters that you may take free of charge as well as a library of VHS tapes, DVDs, and books that can be borrowed for two weeks at a time free of charge. We welcome visitors during all business hours (8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, unless otherwise noted).


For other questions please CONTACT US!

Serving the community for 30 years.
Show your support by donating today!
close window

Service Times & Directions

Weekend Masses in English

Saturday Morning: 8:00 am

Saturday Vigil: 4:30 pm

Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:45 am,
12:30 pm, 5:30 pm

Weekend Masses In Español

Saturday Vigil: 6:15pm

Sunday: 9:00am, 7:15pm

Weekday Morning Masses

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30 am

6654 Main Street
Wonderland, AK 45202
(513) 555-7856